FAA Dispatch Flight Follower - Oakdale
||FAA Dispatch Flight Follower - Oakdale
Cargo operator based in Oakdale, CA is seeking Flight Followers to assist with dispatching and providing support for cargo freight aircraft. This is a full-time position with competitive pay and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K.
- The highest priority of each Flight Follower is the safety of the flight which includes following all FAA/FAR rules and regulations.
- Flight Followers are required to monitor several websites and calculate quotes for our customers
- Record Crewmembers flight time in compliance with the company’s crew scheduling procedures to ensure that each flight has a legal crew available to complete all flight operations for all flight segments.
- Collect, discuss and review weather and aeronautical information to help assist in aircraft/pilot dispatch.
- Flight Followers will track all flights released and update customers and company personnel as necessary.
- All flight times OUT/OFF and ON/IN times will be recorded on every flight.
- Coordinate with the Operations and Maintenance to ensure the aircraft status will permit the intended operation to be conducted safely and in accordance with applicable Minimum Equipment List/Configuration Deviation List items (MEL/CDL) limitations/restrictions at the scheduled departure time.
- Ensure all flights are released In compliance with the FAA rules and regulations and FAR’s.
- Advise the appropriate personnel of potential or actual delays or problems
- Coordinate and ensure that all, ground handling, deicing, fuel, landing/departure slots, and international handling, customs, landing/over-flight permits are in order before releasing a flight.
- Provide operational data and reports to personnel as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Flight Following Dispatch training for FAA certification OR FAA Dispatch License
- Proficient computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be willing to have a flexible schedule to include working nights and weekends
- Previous aviation experience preferred but not required
- Located 30 minutes within Oakdale, CA